Dear OMs and YLs
Sometime this forum produces some fine insights and guidance.   This and the
recent answers to the use of selectivity and noise controls have been
helpful.   Perhaps once the K3 design stabilizes, the manual can be upgraded
to include more assistance but then I hope the K3 continues to progress and
maybe half of us never carefully read the manual.  It would also seem that
we all have our own approaches but this forum allows us to learn from each
other and perhaps prompts Elecraft to make adjustments - God bless them.

TenTec has similar problems with newbie users learning to operate the radio
and I believe the updated Omni was a partial answer for these users.   A
friend was even recommended the use of the Pro 3 over the Orion II as some
thought it too difficult to operate.   The K3 is a rig you grow into and
grow up with.  It can be used as an appliance at first and then one starts
learning.  A process which does not stop as the radio continues to be
improved.

Thanks to all of you for these questions, answers, insights and observations
in this web based classroom.

                 73 Doug EI2CN