Nate,

Whilst the K3 may not be the 'Holy Grail', I have owned enough different HF
transceivers to know it is the closest yet to achieving that goal.

It does take time to learn the capabilities of any excellent quality
transceiver and the K3 is no exception, but over time you do learn how to
use the many tools Elecraft have placed in the K3 and it has been a learning
curve for me and when I now operate 'other' manufacturers equipment I am
unable to find any of them capable of producing the quality of signals that
I have become accustomed too.

Add to the above my hearing issues, (Tinnitus) and the difference is truly
remarkable in my case.

The assistance provided by posters on the reflector is an added bonus.

73's
Gary

On Sat, Jul 10, 2010 at 8:12 AM, Nate Bargmann <n...@n0nb.us> wrote:

> Thanks to all who have replied.  You have helped me learn more about the
> K3 and it's capabilities.
>
> 73, de Nate >>
>
> --
>
> "The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all
> possible worlds.  The pessimist fears this is true."
>
> Ham radio, Linux, bikes, and more: http://n0nb.us/index.html

Gary
VK4FD - Motorhome Mobile
http://www.qsl.net/vk4fd/
K3 #679
For everything else there's Mastercard!!!