Simmons, Forest simmonfo-at-up.edu |EMlist| wrote:
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 18:42:16 -0700
From: Russ Paielli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [EM] auto-truncation
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Note, however, that the added equipment requirement for an approval
cutoff could delay the adoption for decades, but I won't get into that now.

Forest replies:
No special equipment is needed if "Gerald Ford" is inserted as one of the candidates.
A candidate's approval score is the number of ballots on which (s)he is ranked above Gerald Ford.
Forest

Yes, I guess that's right, but I presume you aren't serious about "Gerald Ford." I'd label it something like "[End Approved Candidates]".

--Russ