Regrettably James is making an incorrect analysis of the problem.

Agreed that there have been some expensive disasters associated with computers and voting.

ASSUMING computers were as unreliable as James' sources imply, we had best retreat from our computer-based civilization, much of which depends on computers reliably doing their part.

BETTER to accept that computers are truly as dependable as their successful use elsewhere demonstrates, study how we stumbled into our election disasters, and plan to do better in the future.

DWK