I would like to keep generic SODA as simple as possible, to make it easier
to promote for practical use. However, I am still interested in figuring out
the best possible SODA+ method, using DSC or whatever.

For generic SODA, the current rule is: candidates exercise their ballots in
descending order of current approval score. This will correctly get the CW
in all 3-candidate scenarios (including non-delegable votes), and I suspect
in all 4-candidate scenarios without delegable votes and full ranking. (I
can get a very fragile non-CW scenario for 5 candidates, all-delegable
votes, and full ranking, in a (1+*2*)v(2) clone scenario, where the CW is
one of the starred 2.) Note that, simple as it is, this rule tends to
"follow clone sets down", as Forest's proposed rules do, because if A
delegates to B, then B is almost certain to go next. Thus, this rule is
highly clone resistant, for reasonable numbers of clones, although not
perfectly clone-proof. It is also clone-proof (ie, IIA) for 1D scenarios.

I'd like to make some Yee diagrams for SODA with this rule. Does anybody
know what algorithms I could use? It would be pretty easy if you assumed
that all voters gave a delegable vote; but I think that a more realistic
rule would be that voters give a delegable vote iff they agree with their
preferred candidate's first delegation, and approves the top max(2
candidates or 1/3 of all candidates) if not. That, plus the delegation
order, is getting a bit hairy for calculating Yee diagrams from, so I'd
appreciate any tips on algorithmic short cuts. (eg, is there some way to
prove that this voting rule in a 2-dimensional space always gives a
ballot-CW under SODA, and that therefore I can avoid dealing with delegation
order?). If the diagrams can be calculated relatively quickly, I'd be
interested in doing this using a real-time web tool (as an excercise in
programming in go with GAE); otherwise, I could do it in whatever language,
offline.

As for Forest's DSC rule for SODA+: how about starting with the DSC winner,
then proceeding to the DSC winner among those who got votes from the last
player, or the DSC winner among the remainder if the last player did not
assign votes? It's in effect similar to the "higest ranking from the
previous player" rule, but closer to the "generic SODA" rule.

JQ

ps. I vaguely know how DSC works, but I'd appreciate a refresher.