I like the idea (from Jameson Quinn) of allowing our signature-line preferences to include methods that are not mentioned in the formal statement. (I had suggested only allowing the names of methods that are formally supported.)

To prevent these expressed preferences from becoming too long, I suggest limiting them to 100 characters (including the word "prefers").

I'm not as enthusiastic about the idea of including an "exemplary list" in the declaration based on how many signatures express preference for a specific method. That's because, as we know, it's easy to "stuff the ballot box", including by getting signatures from "experts" who aren't really election-method experts. As it is, supporters of each election method will try to get fellow supporters to sign, in hopes of making it appear that their method is more popular than other election methods.

Richard Fobes