On Fri, Jul 21, 2006 at 03:21:56PM +0530, Ligesh wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 21, 2006 at 11:39:45AM +0200, Jonas Fonseca wrote:
> > Miciah Dashiel Butler Masters <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote Fri, Jul 21, 2006:
> >
> > You could use Esc to get out of the search dialog, but that will cause
> > the text not to be added to the search history.
>
>  I have mapped 'cancel' to <C-g> which is actually easier. Escape is
> literally miles away and pressing it requires you to raise your hands fully
> from the typing position. Even with C-g it is hurts, and the reason is that
> it isn't the behaviour you expect. Especially once you are so used to vim or
> emacs or any normal editor or browser.  And I think it is a bug, since there
> you are not really searching for a link, and the link that is finally loaded
> is sort of one of the random nearby ones. So it can't be a feature.

Literally? As in you took a hacksaw to your keyboard in a fit of rage
and threw the Escape key on the back of a passing wallaby that ran off
into the sunset, never to be seen again?  How ghastly!

The only thing worse than saying 'literally' when you don't mean it is
prefacing a joke with 'seriously'. Comedians who do that are teh evil.

The change is in GIT:
<http://pasky.or.cz/gitweb.cgi?p=elinks.git;a=commit;h=97e2bc9365390b9343e3a1c7b0e6584048d1235c>

--
Miciah Masters <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> / <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>