On Fri, Jul 21, 2006 at 06:17:54PM +0530, Ligesh wrote:
>  Calculate the total distance the hand has to travel everyday in its journey
> to hit that button. It will be more than a mile. :-) A small distance, but
> summed up over a period, becomes more than a mile.  I think to be exact, it
> should go as: Averaged over a day, the escape key is a mile away. The point
> is that, I am a subconscious computer user, and I don't think while typing or
> doing anything. That's the reason I can't use the numbering for navigation. I
> am sure almost all elinks users are similarly handicapped, but since I come
> emacs-w3m, which I personally wrote most of the features for, I would say I
> am a bit more spoiled. But elinks is surprising me everyday. :-)

Let's divide 1 mile into 2 inches, a generous estimate of the distance
the hand moves to press the Escape key one time. 1 mile / 2 inches is
31 680 keypresses. Even if you work at your computer all day, that is
only 86 400 seconds of typing. Are you pressing Escape more than once
every three seconds?

--
Miciah Masters <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> / <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>