small update: the msata drive works great. I could install freebsd without
problems, and performance looks great so far too.

I am getting a second minnowboard with msata drive for doing some more
linux experiments. interestingly, the msata drive was not recognized by the
debian USB installer. i will need to understand what is wrong there. Also,
i am curious if I can switch msata drives across minnowboards.