Given:

swiper =
     div []
         [ node "swiper-node"
             [ class "block" ]
             [ div [ id "swiperContainer" ]
                 [ div [ class "swiper-wrapper" ]
                     [ div [ class "swiper-slide", style [ ( "height",
"400px" ), ( "background", "gray" ) ] ] [ text "slide1" ]
                     , div [ class "swiper-slide", style [ ( "height",
"400px" ), ( "background", "gray" ) ] ] [ text "slide2" ]
                     , div [ class "swiper-slide", style [ ( "height",
"400px" ), ( "background", "gray" ) ] ] [ text "slide3" ]
                     , div [ class "swiper-slide", style [ ( "height",
"400px" ), ( "background", "gray" ) ] ] [ text "slide4" ]
                     ]
                 ]
             ]
         ]

<dom-module id="swiper-node">

   <template></template>

   <script>
     (function () {
       Polymer({
         is: 'swiper-node',
       });
     }());
   </script>
</dom-module>

The rendered HTML is:

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-eAx8wFO_rYI/WG_FsXLua6I/AAAAAAAAKqE/2OEMqhm-JF0hUQqAb3NZe2LcP77OskPIwCLcB/s1600/Screen%2BShot%2B2017-01-06%2Bat%2B17.27.59.png>

Notice the empty `swiper-node`.

The interesting thing is that this happens when the app starts AND `swiper`
is IN the Elm dom.

However, if
- the app starts
- AND the `swiper` is NOT in the elm dom
- AND on some user event, the `swiper` is added to the elm dom
- it’s rendered correctly

After going through this
thread:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/elm-discuss/8Q2xwRh6UYc/tGem48QjAQAJ
I did the same configuration of:

 window.Polymer = {
   dom: 'shadow',
   lazyRegister: true
 };

And in both cases:
- app starts with `swiper`
- `swiper` is added later

here is the rendered HTML:

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-VkzQpjmMeIw/WG_InfKOJZI/AAAAAAAAKqc/hRcj0lM1uREWpKMyY_oW6Ij7lA2p8tc_gCLcB/s1600/Screen%2BShot%2B2017-01-06%2Bat%2B17.40.33.png>

Altho we've reached consistency, the `swiper-node` is not being rendered. U
know how when you hover a dom element in the inspector, it highlights in
the render window? Well, hovering on any of the  `swiper-node` children,
shows nothing.

I'm only utilizing Polymer abstraction/component so i can utilize a js
library in a nice way. So don't assume great Polymer or web-components
knowledge on my end.