On Monday, January 9, 2017 at 11:49:50 AM UTC, Peter Damoc wrote:

> Thank for the reply, Rupert.
>
> My challenge is different. I want to be able to generate the needed code
> using Native.
> In other words, the code that mounts the component does not know the name
> of the module.
> It receives the implementation just like VirtualDom.program receives the
> implementation of a regular Elm program.
>
> I managed to figure out how to start an independent component and now I
> moved to trying to figure out how to communicate with this component.

I don't think I have quite grokked what you are trying to do.

Have you considered making a custom Platform.Program implementation
specifically for web components, as I suggested previously?

Here is the one I wrote for server side programs:

https://github.com/rupertlssmith/elm-server-side-renderer/blob/master/src/Native/ServerSidePrograms.js

As you can see, the name of the module gets passed in as an argument. You
could construct your web component there, and there are various ways you
can obtain a reference to the Elm module that is implementing the program.
For example, here:

https://github.com/rupertlssmith/elm-java/blob/master/elm-render/src/main/resources/bootnashorn.js

I get it through the global Elm var with Elm[moduleName].