I have felt very much as Duane describes, powerless and at the mercy of the
whims of a few unreachable No Red Ink devs.
I could not contribute my elm-audio library and found myself frustrated by
the lack of progress along many fronts.
However, I have since come to reconsider this.

The point is, the elm devs are taking a very conservative, very careful
approach: do things once and do them right.

I've come to really appreciate this, even if it clashes with my instinct of
wanting all and wanting it now.
I do wish there were more people working on bugs tho.