Hello,

I have been experiencing some issues with the included CentOS drivers for
the following QLogic card, qle4060c. I have posted about it in the CentOS
forums here:
https://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=40499&forum=57
(all important details can be found there)

What is essentially happening (to the best of my knowledge) is the included
drivers are version 5.02.00.00.06.03-k4. However, when I try to install the
CLI management tools from Qlogic it is requesting a more recent driver
version, 5.02.07.02.05.06-c0 (or newer). This is where I am stuck.

Attempts to compile a newer driver fail, as outlined in the above post. I am
certain my lack of experience is the root cause of the problem so I am
seeking some assistance in resolving this issue. Here are some specific
questions I have:

1) Before compiling a newer version of a driver is it necessary to remove
any previous versions? Could this be preventing the newer drivers from
compiling?

2) If 'yes' to above how would I go about removing them?

Thanks for any and all assistance,

Liano