I think maybe you might be thrown off by the word "server"? Lsp is just a
standardization of how an editor can do language-specific things. The fact
that standardization exists makes the whole thing pluggable by various
services. These typically run in a separate process - which is a good idea
anyways - on the same machine and the plugin just starts that prices and
communicated to it.

Typescript, c#, I think python, and JavaScript (and maybe Java?) plugins
already do this