On 07/09/2023 17:42, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
Max Nikulin writes:

I am considering another behavior. If any PREFIX: is recognized then the
link exported literally as PREFIX:PATH unless the PREFIX is registered as

     (org-link-register-search-link-prefix "sec")

So if the document does not contain PREFIX:NAME target then it is an
export error (or another prescription controlled by
`org-export-with-broken-links') and it may be reported so by `org-lint'.

Different users expect different degree of strictness during link
export. I am unsure which variant is better.

I feel that it will be too complex.
We might simply throw a warning when we get unregistered [[type:path]]
link, so that the user can notice if there is any problem.

I do not think it noticeably increases complexity in comparison to the current state of affairs, but I agree concerning warnings. It would be great.

It is my dream for a long time to get a buffer with export warnings in `compilation-mode' with file:lineno labels. I admit it may be a challenge taking into account include directives and various filters that changes content of export buffer.