Stefan Nobis <stefan...@snobis.de> writes:

> Ihor Radchenko <yanta...@posteo.net> writes:
>
>> It does not have to be lost. We can adjust the repeater function to
>> handle negative dates/months specially, so that
>
>> [2024-05--1 +1m] -> [2024-06--1 +1m]
>
> Hmmm... I do not like, that here the wrong month is displayed. On a
> cursory look, it's easy to assume the wrong month. But it is an
> interesting option and maybe misreading this only my personal problem
> (and "--1" stands out a little bit, so it is recognizable).

Technically, nothing stops us from interpreting 2024-05--1 as "last day
of month 05". But the nice thing about interpreting it as previous month
is that it works "magically" with non-Org Elisp APIs like
`parse-time-string':

(parse-time-string "2024-09--1") is able to parse the date.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,