Colin Baxter <m43...@yandex.com> writes:

> This what I cannot understand. If the user never uses latex preview why
> cannot the latex preview cache be disabled? I don't want to go on and on
> and become a bore - I've said my piece and I will be silent from now
> on.

I believe that we have some kind of misunderstanding.
Disabling cache only makes sense when it is used.
When it is unused, no cache files will be created.

So, your ask to allow disabling preview cache means that you want latex
previews to work without creating cache files, which is currently not an
option.

If you do not use latex previews, no cache files will be created due to
latex previews. Other cache files may be created though. One of them is
parser cache, but you can disable this one.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,