On 28 Jul, 2012, at 11:27 , Bastien <b...@gnu.org> wrote:

> I cannot apply it because it adds keywords at the wrong place.
> For example you cannot add "startup:" in the first (cond ((...)))
> because "startup:" is not a "backend specific content."  And some
> other discrepencies.

OK, I understand. I should have spent some more time trying to
understand the code.

> I'd welcome a patch for removing more flyspell overlays, but it
> has to be rewritten.  I'm not using flyspell so someone else will
> have to do roll his sleeves.

I'd be willing to put in the effort to make a proper patch, but I need some
help to understand what is going on in this function. It is not obvious to
me.

The places flyspell-overlays needs to be removed are in the startup,
options, latex_header.  Some of structures that might be used in latex like
lstlisting and verbatim where the text also should not have flyspell-overlays.

There are also some other places like label, caption and attr.