* PNG is "lossless" format--if you can, make it the first file you create
rather than last.

** If you create a JPG a "lossy" format then you could lose some of the
beauty (like your example).

* ImageMagick has many switches you can throw--suggest you look deeper into
it in the freely available manual--though its very thick.

* Often there are blah2blah programs (and many methods in ImageMagick for
example) available which may help that you may be able to string together.
 General example:

dvips -o blah.dvi

ps2pdf blah.ps

pdf2png blah.pdf

** Maybe you can convert your file to an intermediary format and then
convert it to .png

*** But again, if possible, create a PNG (.png) type file firstly since it
is a "lossless" file type.