Bill Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I made the mistake of signing up for a Yahoo Groups mailing list that is
>peopled primarily by members and relatives of my wife's family for
>swapping genealogical information -- that's how I got involved. FWIW I
>never did get any notification from Yahoo.

It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure that I received an email 
announcement about the new marketing practices.  Is it possible that 
you joined Yahoo after they modified their terms of service?

>I've already reported them to BellSouth's Abuse address, and deleted
>them. In the last two days the amount of spam has declined.

Does BellSouth run a spam filter on incoming email?  Did the spam 
originate from a BellSouth user?  If the answer to both questions is 
"no", I don't think there's much that the BellSouth Abuse staff can do 
about it.

___________________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe send a mail message with a SUBJECT line of "unsubscribe" to
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  or  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Reply via email to