Bill Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>However I think when spam is
>reported the BellSouth folks will attempt to track down the originator,
>as well as notifying relay systems of what is happening. I did this for a
>while when I first got on the 'Net, but it took =way= too much of my time.

I don't know for certain whether BellSouth's Abuse folks will do all 
that or not, but if I had to guess I'd say they wouldn't.  After all, 
if it takes *you* too much time to track down the appropriate 
administrators to send abuse reports for the spam you alone receive, 
can you imagine how long it would take the Abuse folks to do that for 
all their customers?

I'm not saying you shouldn't report the spam.  I'm just wondering if 
reporting it to your own Abuse staff is going to have the effect you imagined.

However, your reports will help BellSouth customize their spam filters 
and reduce the spam received by those members who opted to use the spam 
filters, so your reports *are* benefiting someone.

___________________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe send a mail message with a SUBJECT line of "unsubscribe" to
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  or  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Reply via email to