On 30/03/2010 12:46, Peter C. wrote:
Hi all,

I've got some "Sanger" capillary sequence files in ABI trace file
format, which I understand includes the probabilities of the 4 bases
along the sequencing run. I'd like to extract this as a FASTQ file
with meaningful quality scores based on the trace data (for use in
assembly).

This doesn't seem to work - the FASTQ quality score characters are all
double quotes (ASCI 34), meaning PHRED quality 1.

I will take a look. I don;t recall anyone using the quality scores from ABI data when we first imeplemented it (at that time Staden Experiment files were the only supported output format with any quality scores)

regards,

Peter R