EBo wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Some time back there was some discussion about work on getting EMC running on
> a Beagle-Board and the Intel Atoms.  What is the current status?

I have purchased a Beagle Board and accessories and sent them to Torsten
Koschorrek, the
ARM manager at RTAI.  He already has a kernel of his choice running on
the Beagle, and
a professor in India has set up a SourceForge project for the RTAI
port.  This is the
project page :
http://sourceforge.net/projects/rtai-cortex/

It is pretty empty right now, but I hope that work will start appearing
on it soon.  Note the
TI manual on the OMAP3530 CPU is 3700 pages long, so poor Torsten has a
LOT of reading
to do.

I have just about finished a design for an EPP emulator-converter board
for the Beagle.  It will
bolt under the Beagle and connect to the expansion header.  it will have
a female DB25 connector
on it.  The form factor is set up so it could mount directly onto my
controller boards, but should be
usable like a breakout board for step/dir drives, too.  I have mostly
hacked out what a driver
would look like, and how to safely modify the pad mapping, etc. on the
GPIOs to make them
work.

Jon