Na 17.9.2010 18:35, Jon Elson je pisal:
> Slavko Kocjancic wrote:
>>

>> I had 3axis machine and work happy with 1000mm/min. But if I drive same
>> motor/driver/machine with 555 timer and translator I can get over
>> 2500mm/min. So EMC2 probably has too much jitter.
> I think you would find the hardware step generator boards help greatly
> with this.
> I also don't think the step-wise acceleration is the problem, as that
> doesn't change
> when I put in one of my universal stepper controller boards.  but, the
> plain pulse-pulse
> jitter does improve.
>> I looking to mesa for $79 and I can live with that but they doesn't
>> support quadrature output as all my drives are not STEP/DIR but are
>> phase drives or quadrature.
>>
> The Universal Stepper Controller does have a quadrature (phase drive)
> output, by
> flipping a DIP switch.
>> And I like to complete EMC2 in way as is. FREE! Emc is Free so the some
>> board should be free too.
>>
> Oh, sure, I should combine $97 in parts (plus the shipping to get those
> parts to me),
> assemble them onto a PCB with my $7000 used pick and place machine, then
> visually
> inspect the board and run tests on it, and then ship it to you, all at
> my cost!  That makes a
> lot of sense.
>> The one parallel port is just on limit for many machines. there are no
>> schematics for some expander on EMC2 pages. Just commercial one. That is
>> not right.
>> If I complete the board then will be available with least a hex code if
>> not source.
>>
> I also have thousands of hours in design and development on my firmware,
> I should also
> give that away, too.
>
> Geckodrive and others should also be giving away their drives as well.
> The computers should
> also be sent to your door free of charge, whenever a new model comes
> out!   Uhhh, what planet
> are you living on?
>
> Jon

HEY......

That's not nice!....
I know that developing take time...
But EMC programmers doesn't charge for many hours they 'wasted'. ... and
support and... ... ..
If you have enougth money to buy $7000 machine then there is stupid
think to save $97 here...
But if you check what is most popular EMC2 usage then you (surprising)
find out that the most is used on small bench mill's. And I think that
mill's are homemade build and they are cheap. And over that $97 can be
big amount to pay.
So there are many builder wanted to make personal small mill with at low
budget. If there are someone that start to earn money with own CNC then
they soon realize that 'old one' is to slow, to unpresise, wear so
fast.... and wil make or buy better one.
So please make difference betwen hobby users and serious biznis use. The
only EMC2 is cheap (free) for both.

And I didn't say that Hardware need to be free! Just some PROVEN schematic.
As I find no good EPP expander I just drawing one and wan't to do that.
And schematic will be free.

... and I live in Earth. (still   :D)