From: Pavel Shramov <shra...@mexmat.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 11:30:08
To: EMC developers<emc-developers@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [Emc-developers] Gladevcp module names [was: GladeVCP embedded
 in Axis]

On Fri, Oct 08, 2010 at 09:53:05PM +0000, Chris Morley wrote:
> I used system links from modules to EMC directories.
> I had always started glade from terminal and it worked fine.
> If I start glade from GUI the led widget is not available.
> Thanks for setting me on the probable path to fix it.

I've tested a bit gladevcp and it seem that no links into /usr/lib/glade-3 are
needed
at all. lib/python/gladevcp/*.py files are installed with emc2 and if
__init__.py
is placed there then led.py may be imported from everywhere as gladevcp.led
So I've fixed a bit hal_python.xml catalog file to import gladevcp.* files and
added empty __init__.py [1].

Also since gladevcp is valid module why not to move gladevcp_makepins under it
as gladevcp.makepins so naming will be more consistent [2]?

> Instead of using system link I can tell glade where to look for libraries.
> This would probably be the way to go in an installed EMC.
> I am really not up on this stuff - I just research and hack away till it
> works.
With emc not installed you may either export PYTHONPATH or make symlink to
lib/modules/gladevcp.

If patches look reasonable please consider merging branch gladevcp-modules of
git://psha.org.ru/psha/emc2.git or i'll post them with git-send-email.

                                Pavel Shramov

--
[1]
http://psha.org.ru/git?p=psha/emc2.git;a=commitdiff;h=65b1d57c819cdfcde0cea67f02c0cfd802553a57