Gentle persons:

I've used the wiki a lot, mostly reading, sometimes editing, and
occasionally adding new pages.

Over time, I've uploaded a number of files, mostly images, to the wiki.
Many of them were part of experiments to find out what looks good and
what doesn't. A number of them are now useless.

Is there a way to delete previously uploaded files (at least the ones
whose names I remember, since directly attempting to browse the uploads
directory returns the "move along, nothing to see here" message)?

I realize a simple process would be wide open to abuse. Perhaps at least
the usernames of uploader and deleter can be compared? Perhaps the files
could simply be marked for deletion but not actually deleted until there
are no pages  referring to them?

Regards,
Kent