Hello Lothar,

I really like your are adoptions to EMC. I'm toying around with software for hot-wire foam-cutting machines which seem to be very similar to your EDM machines.
In fact, the problem to display the wire in EMC is the same :)

I've also tried to test the modification you sent, but I was not very successful. Could you please provide more information to get your modification to work, which version of EMC you are using, etc?
There is also probably a problem with the paths you have written below

Can you maybe provide a patch? That would be much easier...

Thanks a lot!

Some time ago I wrote a parser (dxf2quad) that can generate easy paths for hot-wire machines from dxf-files. This might be also interesting for you:

http://foamblade.sourceforge.net/
http://foamblade.sourceforge.net/dxf2quad/dxf2quad-howto-0.02.html

Some weeks ago we have started developing again, these developments, including g-code export are hosted here:
https://gitorious.org/foambladesuite

With best regards

Michael