On 1/25/2012 4:33 PM, andy pugh wrote:
> On 25 January 2012 21:27, Kenneth Lerman<kenneth.ler...@se-ltd.com>  wrote:
>
>>   We should eliminate the removal of whitespace and use whitespace
>> as a delimiter.
> I am not sure that is necessarily a good idea, as a lot of G-code out
> there is space-free.
> Or am I misunderstanding the point?

The present parser removes whitespace as a first step. That precludes
easy changes where we consider whitespace significant. My example showed:

Then "X123" would be the same as "X 123", but "XA YB"
would mean "X#<A>  Y#<B>" while "XAYB" would mean "X#<AYB>".

If this were old style code (XA YB) it would not be valid because it contains
two letters in a row. By eliminating the early whitespace removal, 'XA YB' and
'AXYB' would mean two different things. 'X 123' and 'X123' would still be
interpreted identically.

Ken