2012/5/2 Michael Haberler <mai...@mah.priv.at>:

> So, 'changing to MDI, fiddling some parameters and returning to auto with the
> new parameter settings' in the general case isnt what you want because of the
> side effects. What is probable doable is: use MDI mode as way to move around,
> and nothing else, but then thats really just a glorified jog mode.  'Doable'
> doesnt really translate well into 'desirable'.

Thank You very much for Your patience in explaining this!
I agree that there is no much use for MDI except for situations, when
emergency tool change is required and then interpreter somehow has to
be told about that fact. Other than that - the chance to move around
during pause is already there.

Viesturs