On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 9:08 AM, andy pugh <bodge...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6 February 2013 13:25, John Morris <j...@zultron.com> wrote:
> >  Please ask questions about anything still
> > unclear, and I promise a short answer.
>
> This seems to be close to (or possibly already there) a situation
> where LinuxCNC can be distributed as application-only to run on a
> generic kernel.

will it run a machine on a generic kernel?  The closest would be an
rt-preempt kernel, is that standard with any distributions ?  I will admit
to be confused, this discussion doesn't seem to talk about rt_preempt
kernels.  Does rt_preempt offer sufficient latency numbers?

In any event, I'd also like to thank John Morris for this work.  I'm sure
this will improve things down the road by making bug fixes much easier.
Eric