2013/2/7 Michael Haberler <[email protected]>:
>
>
> Please let me know if where above makes any sense, or not at all, where it is 
> unclear, and point me to out outright errors and omissions.
>

Michael, You explained it as if it was a piece-of-cake task for 2 afternoons :))
I have just one quick question:

Does this messaging scheme would allow user to access axes positions,
reported from trajectory planner to motion controller and modify them
- add/remove some specific offsets in "sum2" or whatever component?

There are many cases, when user might like to adjust position of
certain joint, while g-code file is being executed. For example,
recently there was a question about wood router and adjusting Z axis
position by fractions of mm on fly.
The same applies to THC for plasma tables - current implementation
scheme means that
motion controller is not aware of actual joint position, so motion
controller cannot obey
machine's soft limits.
What I am trying to say - I see a very good use for access to axis
positions between trajectory planner and motion controller.
Currently I am writing custom kinematics modules, adding HAL pins and
implementing any kind of offsets there, which is not convenient.

--
Viesturs

If you can't fix it, you don't own it.
http://www.ifixit.com/Manifesto

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Next-Gen Firewall Hardware Offer
Buy your Sophos next-gen firewall before the end March 2013 
and get the hardware for free! Learn more.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/sophos-d2d-feb
_______________________________________________
Emc-developers mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/emc-developers

Reply via email to