Am 02.07.2013 um 16:35 schrieb John Kasunich <jmkasun...@fastmail.fm>:

> Classic Ladder (as we use it) is basically a HAL application.  It uses

(agree to all of above)

> I'm having a harder time wrapping my mind around Michael's
> larger messaging proposal(s).  Non-scalar HAL types certainly
> have benefits for some applications, but they introduce new
> mental models.  How do you troubleshoot such things?  Tools
> like halscope and halmeter don't apply to non-scalars, I think.

There wont be additional data types at the HAL primitives level; but since
messaging will be used to interface GUIs, task and interp to a HAL instance,
and also used to link 'between' HAL instances, I'd think it has to go along
with a HAL package

this will become much clearer when I finish the examples document on how to tie
messaging into HAL, and I also would think the split decision makes sense
following through only after the NML migration is completed, which I'd see
several months out; at least I dont see a point in spinning out a HAL package
which still rests on NML, which would have severely hampered usability

-m