On 8 July 2013 05:21, John Morris <j...@zultron.com> wrote:

>  Also,
> spindle acceleration and reversal control is not as precise as other
> motion components.  Nothing we can do about the uncontrollable!

My feeling is that spindle reversal is very nearly a zero-jerk motion,
so isn't a problem.

The jerk is at spindle start and when the spindle changes from
constant speed to begin the deceleration phase, and the transition
from acceleration to constant-speed.

Given that finite-jerk is a "nice to have" and that (nearly) every
LinuxCNC installation in the field is running happily with unbounded
jerk, I think it makes sense not to try to limit jerk in coordinated
moves.

I have tried writing a finite-jerk motion planner for a laser raster
system, and it is hard to even hit a known destination position
without calculating ahead in time. As spindle-coordinated motion in
inherently a reactive rather than predictive mode the choice is
between following the required path or limiting the jerk. (noting that
following the correct path does not necessarily exceed jerk limits).

--
atp
If you can't fix it, you don't own it.