Chris Morley wrote:

> So you wouldn't need to turn jerk limiting off for G33.1 then.
> Just as we don't turn acceleration or speed limiting off for G33.1

Perhaps.  What you have to be really careful with is anything
that could cause delay in the trajectory following the spindle.
We had a problem with this in the early EMC2 where the
TP was running at 1/10th the rate of the servo thread, and
that introduced a delay in following the spindle.  making the
TP run at the servo thread fixed this problem.  But, yes,
a proper jerk limit should not cause any delay as long as the
jerk limit is not reached.
> The TP should never ask the machine to move faster then it can.

Yes, of course.
> Well gradual is a relative term :)
> It may have been a very fast move of a small circle on a large machine.
> Also I don't remember the amount of the spike. it certainly wasn't thousands
> of an inch.
> This was an company trying to sell something so would give worse case.
> I'm pretty sure it was hiedenhain.
> I wish I could find the write up.

OK, certainly you can cause excessive following error on any arc move if you
make it small enough and request a fast enough feedrate.

Jon