Hallo,

I am using the python interface a lot for my GUI gmoccapy, but I am
facing a problem.

In the info box of the screen, I display also the values for feed and
speed, so you will see values like S 2000 and F  250.

For the spindle speed I do use self.stat.spindle_speed, as this returns
the value of the actual line of code or the actual MDI command, and if
that value is zero, I can get information from self.stat.settings[2], as
it contains the value witch will be applied if the user presses the
spindle start button. So this part is clear.

But how to do the same for feed?
There is no self.stat.feed_value.

self.stat.settings[1] will return the read ahead value, so you will not
even get any reliable information, as the interpreter has finished read
ahead before the program even starts. The documentation says "returns
the current interpreter settings for spindle speed and feed rate, but
that is not correct, because you do not get the current values, you get
the values the interpreter has read already.

self.status.current_vel gives you the velocity including override values
and not the commanded feed and if you jog and you have no F value set,
you will get a result, what is correct.

Then I tried self.stat.command to get the currently executed command and
check from there if an F value is included, but you get only the read
ahead values! This is not what I want, I want to get feed as it is
handled for the spindle, status.spindle_speed returns the spindle speed
value without the override and not the read ahead one!

  So how toi get the F value of the actual handled code line, not read
ahead.

I tried to find and understand the C code, but got am lost.

Could somebody please take a look and and a status.feed_value?

Thanks Norbert