> To: emc-developers@lists.sourceforge.net
> From: marius.alks...@gmail.com
> Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2015 06:11:23 +0200
> Subject: Re: [Emc-developers] jerk limited trajectory
>
> 12/17/2015 05:40 PM, Viesturs Lācis rašė:
> > IIRC it has not been implemented in LinuxCNC, because it would not
> > work for spindle-synchronised moves, but I might be totally wrong on
> > that :))
> >

> > Viesturs
>
> I see jerk limitation as very nice and important feature to have.
> And I would go with a workaround like disabling jerk limitation only
> when doing spindle-synchronised move (or whatever else rarely used type
> of move) to let it work for the mainstream.
>
> BTW, limit4 would be great too :)

That version of jerk-limited just didn't quite work right with spindle-synch.
IIRC the person doing it didn't need spindle-synch and got little help - lost
interest.
Not that i blame him - it looks very difficult!

I understand another developer has made a jerk limited planer.
I believe it was based on the single-look-ahead planer.
IIRC the new planer is _much_ more complicated and time has been a factor.
I bet this is it:
http://git.linuxcnc.org/gitweb?p=linuxcnc.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/micges/master/limited_jerk

There has been work on a reverse run planer ( think EDM )
There has been work on adding UVW to the look-ahead planner.
lots of work on JA (joints vrs Axis think weird machines and routers)
Lots of great stuff.
I wonder if/when it will filter in ...

Chris M