John, you raise a good point here. The general assumption is that the S
word is a reasonable prediction of spindle speed. What do you think of
having a check at both interp time and runtime? That would cover all cases.
For machines like yours, we could suppress the interp-time error. Is there
an INI or HAL setting to tell LinuxCNC that the spindle is manually
controlled?