Nice work, John! The only outstanding TODO's in my branch are these minor
points:

   - I added a few extra HAL pins to motion that may not be necessary
   (motion.spindle-tracking-gain, and motion.pos-tracking-mode) except for
   testing.
   - With spindle tracking gains of less than 1, the position error settles
   more slowly, which could indicate an algorithm issue.

Otherwise, it should be ready to use