On 7/10/19 12:20 PM, Alec Ari via Emc-developers wrote:
For python-vte, it's labelled "debports'" not "backports" but either
way, they don't make the package available through synaptic. Maybe
need to modify sources.list or do it through the command line (like
apt-get install -t debports python-vte) I haven't looked into this
much, but I haven't seen a case where LinuxCNC actually uses
python-vte.

`git grep vte` tells me that gmoccapy and gscreen are the only two programs that `import vte`.

Gmoccapy doesn't do anything with it, but gscreen uses it in Gscreen.init_embedded_terminal().

Chris Morley and Norbert Schechner, these are primarily your GUIs, can you weigh in here and suggest a path forward?

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky