From: John Thornton <bjt...@gmail.com>
Sent: July 9, 2019 4:19 PM
To: EMC developers
Subject: [Emc-developers] Building LinuxCNC on Debian 10

I've been working on a Debian 10 setup and getting the preempt rt kernel
is simple. However I ran into a couple of dependencies that can't be
satisfied as they have been dropped from Debian 10.

python-gtksourceview2 used by:
configs/apps/gladevcp/by-widget/sourceview.demo
configs/apps/gladevcp/by-widget/sourceview.py
configs/apps/gladevcp/by-widget/sourceview.txt
configs/apps/gladevcp/by-widget/sourceview.ui

This seem minor to remove that example.

python-vte is used by gscreen and gmoccapy.
src/emc/usr_intf/gscreen/gscreen.py
src/emc/usr_intf/gmoccapy/gmoccapy.py

It may just be gscreen if gmoccapy is using gscreen I have no clue.

In any case removing the dependencies from control and LinuxCNC build
and Gdebi says it will install a few more dependencies. I'll finish
testing the install in the morning.

Just a heads up...

JT