Hello guys,

I'm Reinhard and I wrote an UI application for linuxcnc which uses nml-
interface only. The app works fine so far.

But on testing it together with axis and linuxcnc-simulation I realized
several quirks and shortcomings of the backend like:
- no process time
- current line number does not reflect machine codes or other non-motion
gcodes. That will not be noted normally, but when you process a gcode file with
singlestep enabled (like I'm used from work), it is really annoying
- table of g- and m-codes is not updated in time or at all, so this tables
have no value.

I found more quirks but these are the most important ones I remember.

I would like to try to "fix" these issues, but the problem is, I don't have any
idea about linuxcnc and how things work together.
I read documentation and developer docs, but may be I'm too dumb or docs are
not detailled enuf so that I get the picture.

Is there a developer who is willing to give me a hand and guide me to
understand the internals?

Any help is appreciated.

cheers Reinhard