I'm a bit confused by Reinhard's views.
If you Use an F command F100 and you apply a feed override of +10%, surely
then the machine is allowed to travel at F110?
In that instance the F code is overridden and the velocity may be higher
than the F command by up to 10 units.

I thought the trajectory planner takes the F command including any feed
overrides (lets call this commanded velocity) and calculates
motion.current-vel for that particular segment having regard for the
acceleration limits set in the ini file. If the segment is not long enough
to achieve the commanded velocity with the .ini acceleration constraints,
then motion.current-vel will be limited. Thats pretty basic trapezoidal
motion stuff.

We spent a fair bit of time working though this with plasma machines (where
knowing the commanded velocity is critical) and I don't recall seeing an
instance where commanded velocity was exceeded. BUt that was a while ago

Rod Webster
*1300 896 832*
+61 435 765 611
VMN®