On 2020-04-06 4:28 a.m., andy pugh wrote:
On Mon, 6 Apr 2020 at 12:15, Chris Morley <chrisinnana...@hotmail.com> wrote:

I see from the docs that this is by design.
I am curious about why this choice - it seems error prone and frankly annoying
to program for.
The idea was that you might want to set the speed of a number of
spindles and then start and stop them simultaneously.

It was also to be consistent with M5 (and I imagine that you would
always expect M5 to stop all spindles)

If a plain S1000 sets all spindles to 1000rpm then _that_ is probably
a mistake on my part.

After more testing of course you are right plain s code only works on spindle 0.

But again I find this inconstant behavior non intuitive.

If i wanted all the spindles to always turn on and off together, I would think HAL is the best place to do that.

Chris