From: Chris Morley <chrisinnana...@hotmail.com>
Sent: July 14, 2020 4:09 AM
To: EMC developers <emc-developers@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [Emc-developers] problem understanding diagram from help-pages of
pncconf

There _is_ only one home position. But it doesn't need to be at the origin or
switch trip point.
The problem seems to come from people thinking the contact with the homing
switch is where home is.
which is not surprising, as when you ask linuxcnc to home that's where it goes
first.
But it's where the machine stops _after_ homing that is actually home and it
doesn't have to be the origin.

You can of course set it up as you described, but that is only one of a million
different ways.
Here the two switch exmple show home at the origin and home at 3:
http://linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/config/ini-homing.html

I might point out this is machine coordinates which most people don't normally
work in.

As I said homing is actually complicated - through linuxcnc's flexibility.

Chris