On 23/11/2020 23:31, andy pugh wrote:
I _think_ that gettext only works in the context of source code. I
could be wrong, though.
I looked in to gettext for halcompile and couldn't see how to make it work.

Gettext is primarily designed to work with relatively short strings in source code. It's not really aimed at translating documents. There is no reason why it couldn't be used for the main documentation but I think it would probably be more efficient to translate them directly. However for strings contained in the source - gui, hal modues etc- it works really well with only minor changes to the source code.

Les