On Mon, 18 Jan 2021, Gene Heskett wrote:

Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2021 15:22:12 -0500
From: Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net>
To: emc-developers@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Emc-developers] Withdraw Pi support?

On Monday 18 January 2021 14:05:19 Peter C. Wallace wrote:

On Sun, 17 Jan 2021, Gene Heskett wrote:

URL to buy one, maybe more?  Found it, too much usefull i/o has
disappeared, so I'm not that interested. I am using all 4 usb jacks
+ spi at 40 megabit write and 25 megabit reads, but I suspect that
would crash and burn at much lower speeds with a cable to a 7i90
much longer than the inch I'm using. And I'm not willing to dedicate
the only wired ethernet port to a 7c80.

The 7C80 (and 7C81) are SPI interfaced devices

Thats much better Peter, but how long can the cable be?

It need not be longer than 1.5 inches or so since the RPI mounts on top of (and get power from) the 7C80/7C81 via a 40 pin flat cable

Peter Wallace
Mesa Electronics