Le jeu. 1 déc. 2022 à 19:42, Chris Morley <chrisinnana...@hotmail.com> a
écrit :

> Because qtpyvcp and qtvcp do the same job using mostly the same tools
> (python and qt)
>
> If qtpyvcp wanted to be under the linuxcnc unberella they could have
> continued working in qtvcp instead of making a new independent, project.

IIUC, @hazzy had a "control agnostic UI" vision in the beginning. That
could explain why the project was created outside LinuxCNC.
But others may have better knowledge of the whys and hows...

Again, use of similar technologies is a not an issue but an opportunity to
find commonalities and join forces on shared libs or whatever, freeing
resources for what is done truly differently in each project.

> Nothing wrong with being independent, seems to work for both projects.

Indeed, considering the success of QtPyVCP, as an outsider, it doesn't seem
to impede its development and progress !

> I'm sure neither project wants their years of work trampled on.

Unless you consider the LinuxCNC Qt UI land as your backyard, I can't see
how welcoming a young dynamic project with a kind and active community, a
trampling hazard for QtVCP ?!