I am having difficulty keeping track of present and future standards,
and would like people+s ideas. Some of my questions are:

1.  We want to produce a written procedure indicating how we will know
that standards we use are up-to-date and that we have all that are
required. There are some subscription services which take a list of
standards and provide updates as needed. Any other ideas? Anyone know
some good web sites? (some have been mentioned, but not having web
access at the time I didn+t save them.)

Global Engineering has a World-Wide Standards Index, with a program to
compare your list of standards and identify updates. ILI has a similar
product (whoever they are.)

St. Lucie Press, 561-274-9906, has a subscription service for European
Directives which sounds pretty good. For US $95.00 per directive (or
sometimes group of related directives) they+ll send you the current
directive and place you on an order list for revisions. When a revision
is made they send it to you and bill you $95.00.

2.  The above will work for published standards.  Any thoughts on how to
identify/get drafts standards? I used to be on several standards writing
committees, and word got around. I no longer have that access.

3.  With many design engineers, one paper copy of each standard is very
restrictive. Multiple copies are expensive. Electronic copies come in a
bewildering variety of formats. Any suggestions concerning standards
access?

I+m primarily interested in:
  AAMI (medical equipment)
  CSA