Rick, I can't speak for any of the Euro-Norms, but in aerospace an
internally-toothed ring terminal is generally considered adequate. That
said, I believe that a toothed washer will provide the function that the
customer wants, but it's hard to tell. Are they concerned about some sort
of really harsh (salt spray, acid, etc.) environment? If so, then some
sort of sealer should be applied to each joint after assembly.

As always, these are my views only and they're probably wrong!

Steve Chin
StreamLogic Corp.
Menlo Park, CA, USA
sc...@streamlogic.com