From: Brent G DeWitt
To: Peter Tarver; 'emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org'
Subject: RE: Graphics in posts
Date: Wednesday, July 16, 1997 1:12PM

At 10:07 AM 7/16/97 -0400, Peter Tarver wrote:
>It would be better to not have nonASCII graphics, so that all
>subscribers to the list get an even shake.  Graphics can be posted to an
>anonymous ftp site or offered for delivery through "private" e-mail.
>
>Peter L. Tarver
>Nortel
>ptar...@nt.com

I agree with Peter.  In addition to the bandwidth and download time, not
everyone has access to Word (like UNIX/LINUX users) and having to
download
something useless is even more irritating.

The solution is quite simple.  Tell the list you have the graphic and
_ask_
who wants to see it, then mail them directly.  Alternatively, if you
have
an ftp site you can park it on, they can get it themselves.

Brent DeWitt
U.S. EMC Technical Coordinator
TUV Product Service, Inc.
Boulder, CO